A SAFETY REMINDER FROM THE PRINCIPAL
Dear EGMS families,
The safety of our students is one of our greatest concerns. With this in mind, we would like to remind all drivers to exhibit extra caution during morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up times. We recognize that during these times the drop-off and pick-up zones can be congested and you may be experiencing a minor delay. We want to thank you for your courtesy and patience that keeps all family members safe.
A few quick reminders:
- Please use extra caution when in a school parking area. Our students may not always exhibit sufficient precaution and it is our job as the adults to take extra care.
- We have noticed a number of drivers lining up in the fire zone. This creates a safety hazard. If you are waiting for your child please park in one of the parking spots in front or in back of the building rather than in the fire zone.
- It is often hard to see students when they are using the crosswalks or moving between parked cars. Please drive slowly and take extra precaution.
- Be sure to follow the directional traffic rules, as many of the parking areas are one way only.
- As part of our daily announcements, we will be reminding students that they also need to be taking extra precaution in the parking areas.
- I have asked the EGMS SRO, Officer Hellwig, to be a visual presence during afternoon pick-up.
Thank you for your support. It is our collective responsibility to keep our school community safe.